WHO CAN YOU CONTACT FOR PRIVACY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
If you wish to report concerns you may have about our data handling practices then you may contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/
HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA?
• Directly. We obtain personal data directly from individuals in a variety of ways, including obtaining personal data from individuals who provide us their business card, complete our online forms, subscribe to our newsletters, attend meetings or events we host, visit our offices or apply for employment. We may also obtain personal data directly when, for example, we are establishing a business relationship or performing professional services through a contract.
• Indirectly. We obtain personal data indirectly about individuals from a variety of sources, including recruitment services and our clients. We may attach personal data to our customer relationship management records to better understand and serve our business clients, subscribers and individuals, satisfy a legal obligation, or pursue our legitimate interests.
• Public sources: Personal data may be obtained from public registers (such as Companies House), news articles, sanctions lists, and Internet searches.
• Social and professional networking sites: If you connect your social media accounts with us, we will collect information that you permitted your social media provider to share with us. That information may include your name and email address and depending on your privacy settings, additional details about you, so please review the privacy controls on the applicable service to set how much information you want shared with us.
• Business process: – Our business process may require us to perform background company checks which involves using personal data shared by our prospective clients as part of that engagement. For example, we may need to use personal data as part of our customer due diligence.
• Recruitment services: We may obtain personal data about candidates from an employment agency and other parties including former employers and credit reference agencies.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may obtain the following categories of personal data about individuals through direct interactions with us, or from information provided, from applicants or our suppliers
• Personal data. Here is a list of personal data we commonly collect to conduct our business activities.
• Contact details (e.g., name, company name, job title, work and mobile telephone numbers, work and personal email and postal address).
• Professional details (e.g., job and career history, educational background and professional memberships, published articles).
• Financial information (e.g., taxes, payroll, investment interests, pensions, assets, bank details, insolvency records).
• Sensitive personal data. We typically do not collect sensitive or special categories of personal data about individuals. When we do need to process sensitive personal data, it is with the consent of the individual unless it is obtained indirectly for legitimate purposes. Examples of sensitive personal data we may obtain include:
• Personal identification documents that may reveal race or ethnic origin, and possibly biometric data of private individuals, beneficial owners of corporate entities, or applicants.
• Adverse information about potential or existing clients and applicants that may reveal criminal convictions or offences information.
• Information provided to us by our customers in the course of a professional engagement.
• Child data. We do not intentionally collect information from individuals under 18 years of age, we may occasionally receive details about individuals under 18 years of age attending site on work experience.
• Location-based data. We may process geographical locations you enter when seeking a meeting near you.
What lawful reasons do we have for processing personal data?
We may rely on the following lawful reasons when we collect and use personal data to operate our business and provide our products and services:
• Contract – We may process personal data in order to perform our contractual obligations.
• Consent – We may rely on your freely given consent at the time you provided your personal data to us.
• Legitimate interests – We may rely on legitimate interests based on our evaluation that the processing is fair, reasonable and balanced. These include:
• Delivering services to our clients: To deliver the professional services to our customers.
• Direct marketing: To deliver timely market insights and speciality knowledge we believe is welcomed by our business clients, subscribers and individuals who have interacted with us.
• Legal obligations and public interests – We may process personal data in order to meet regulatory and public interest obligations or mandates.
DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may occasionally share personal data with trusted third parties to help us deliver efficient and quality services. These recipients are contractually bound to safeguard the data we entrust to them. We may engage with several or all of the following categories of recipients:
• Parties that support us as we provide our services (e.g., providers of telecommunication systems, aircraft maintenance, IT system support, archiving services, document production services and cloud-based software services).
• Our professional advisers, including lawyers, auditors and insurers.
• A potential buyer, or seller and their advisers in connection with an actual or potential transfer of aircraft in our portfolio.
• Payment services providers.
• Marketing services providers.
• Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies (e.g., HMRC) or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation.
• Recruitment services providers.
We and our group companies may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send a blank email message with unsubscribe in the title to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
We may also want to provide you with related information from third parties we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email to email@example.com.If you agree to us providing you with third party marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
The information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) that do not have similar protections in place regarding your data and restrictions on its use as set out in this policy. However, we will take steps to ensure adequate protections are in place to ensure the security of your information. The EEA comprises the EU member states plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers for the purposes specified above.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND UPDATING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Falko, 1 Bishop square, St Albans Road West, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9NE, United Kingdom. We reserve the right to make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Falko changes, for example if you change your email address, name or payment details, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com or by sending a letter to Falko, 1 Bishop square, St Albans Road West, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9NE, United Kingdom. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
If you purchase a product from Falko you may provide us with your credit card details. These details will only be used to process your payment and may be disclosed to third parties for this purpose and for credit reference or risk purposes. We will not disclose your credit card details to any third parties for marketing purposes.
SALE OF BUSINESS
If Falko’s business is sold or integrated with another business your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
HOW TO CONTACT FALKO
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES